Stephen Olufemi Afolabi
Stephen Olufemi Afolabi, Ph.D
Dr. Stephen Olufemi Afolabi is a native of Erin-Ile in Oyun Local Government Area, Kwara State, Nigeria. He was born on 1st July,1963. He attended State College of Education and University of Ilorin, Nigeria where he obtained Nigerian Certificate in Education, Master degree and Ph.D in Educational Management respectively. While in school, he received awards including:
- Award for been the best pupil at graduation in primary school
- Award for been the best student in Economics Department at College of Education graduation, Oro in 1985.
- University Scholarship Award in 1987/1988, 1988/1989 academic sessions for been the best student in the Department of Educational Management, University of Ilorin
- University Award at graduation as the best student in the Department of Educational Management, University of Ilorin.
Dr. Stephen Afolabi has taught at various levels of education including Government High School, State College of Education and presently at Kwara State University Malete-Ilorin. He has participated at various community services, some of which are:
- Research and Seminar Publications Committee of Kwara State College of Education Ilorin 2002-2006;
- ESSPIN sponsored project tagged State School Improvement Team (SSIT) set up to carry out the Education Reform agenda of the Kwara State Government between July 2009 and November 2010.
- Chairman of Education Committee, ICONS of Erin- Ile. A charity organization in Nigeria
- Level Adviser, Department of Business Education, Kwara State University. Malete.
- A member of KWASU Task Force on Student Results
He has attended various national and international conferences including International Conference organized by Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL), American University of Beirut, Lebanon. December 9th – 11th , 2010.
In all, He has 16 research articles published at both national and international Journals.