Paper Presenter Guidelines
Format of Presentation
- Moderated breakout sessions
- 2-3 paper presenters per breakout session, led by a moderator
- A PowerPoint presentation is required of each presenter
- Presentations should be engaging and highlight the main points of research
- Each presenter will have:
- 5 minutes to introduce themselves and their research
- 15 minutes to present key research findings and information most relevant to the audience of international educators
- 10 minutes to answer audience questions
- Moderator discretion is used if they need to interrupt presentations to clarify points or answer audience questions.
- Out of courtesy to other presenters, all presenters will be timed and held to these time limits by their moderator.
- Presenters are put in contact with their moderator well in advance of the conference to discuss all the details of their session.
- A dedicated representative of Chicago ICE will be present during presentations to assist with technology or any other needs.
- The Chicago ICE Planning Committee with work with each presenter before the conference to make sure all technology needs are met.
- Presenters are encouraged to email Chicago ICE their final PowerPoint presentations before the conference to avoid any last-minute problems. We will have the presentation ready in the breakout session room.